Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Song #2: Someday Is Now by The Scorpions


http://www.metrolyrics.com/someday-is-now-lyrics-the-scorpions.html

Lyrics

Blood rains down across the tundra Ice flows through my veins As my life drains
Northern bound, my dogs are dying But I still know That nothing is impossible
I can feel I'm getting stronger, the longer I'm pushed to the limit Said, I'd do it someday, someday is now When I see the world around me receding No time for bleeding Show the world how, someday is now
Eight step, till I reach the summit Line breaks and I fall down The rocky terrain
My bones are broken into pieces My mind can't wait To get up and do it again
 I can feel I'm getting stronger, the longer I'm pushed to the limit Said, I'd do it someday, someday is now When I see the the sun is shining, I'm flying There's no time for crying I'm gonna win someday
No turning back, no more yesterdays I just won´t get lost in the haze All my tomorrows, no sadness, no sorrow Watch out for the rest of my days
Stronger,the longer I'm pushed to the limit Said, I'd do it someday, someday is now When I see the the sun is shining, I'm flying There's no room for crying I'm gonna win some way, someday is now
Someday is now Someday is now

I feel that the lyrics to this song best fits the father. In the song, the person speaking mentions that he can feel life draining from him and that he feels he's dying. In The Road, the only reason why the father is keeping himself alive is so that he care for his son. The song mentions not giving up and remaining hopeful quite a bit, which is the central theme of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment